Joshua Roberts is a partner at Birnbaum, Lippman & Gregoire. He is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses the bulk of his practice on matrimonial and family law matters. Mr. Roberts is a former Special Unit Prosecutor with Florida’s 17th Judicial Circuit’s Office of the State Attorney. He has broad experience in advocating for victims, having represented the State of Florida’s interests in a large array of complex criminal matters and jury trials, including homicides, armed felonies and other violent crimes. Mr. Roberts’ experience with victims of crime strengthens his commitment to providing individualized advocacy for each of his clients. He strives to assist his family and matrimonial law clientele in reaching resolutions through amicable means while maintaining strong litigation acumen for those situations where court intervention becomes imperative.
Areas of Concentration
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Paternity Agreements
- Real Property Division
- Comprehensive Child-Related Disputes
- Injunction Proceedings (domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, asset protection)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chair of The Florida Bar Ethics Grievance Committee 17 C
- Executive Board Member, Inns of Court, Stephen R. Booher Chapter
- Member, Mission United Armed Forces Veteran’s Project
- Instructor, Family Law Litigant Course, Broward County Courthouse
- Member, Family Law and Criminal Law Sections of the Florida Bar
- Member, Broward County Matrimonial Attorneys, and Broward County Bar Association
Education and Recent Publications
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Juris Doctor, Merit Scholarship Recipient 2004
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, Journalism and Advertising with concentration in Business Administration, 2005
- Author of “Appeals”, Florida Proceedings After Dissolution of Marriage, 12th Edition, published by The Florida Bar Association and distributed by Lexis/Nexis.
- The Florida Bar
- The Fourth District Court of Appeal, State of Florida
Mr. Roberts can be reached directly at JRoberts@nullkblglaw.com.